Day 17: Post About your Zodiac sign and whether or not it suits you
So Libra is my zodiac and below is a picture of what that means. Some of it suites me and some of it doesn’t. I have another blog post planned where I will go more in depth to this, that will be coming after the challenge.
Day 18: Post 30 facts about yourself
- I am the oldest of three children
- I have a puppy named Logan
- Batman is my favourite superhero
- I enjoy bullet Journalling
- I am a Registered Early Childhood Educator
- I used to act when I was younger
- I really enjoy musicals
- I am a Girl Guide of Canada leader
- I have been to a few different places and New York City has been my favourite so far
- I have a total of 6 tattoos
- One place that I want to go is British Columbia
- I have been on a cruise and I loved it except I get sea sick
- I love doing escape rooms and I’m getting really good at them
- I don’t post on Facebook very much but I do check it at least once a day
- I have a YouTube channel that I started with a friend of mine
- One day I would like to be a mother
- I have anxiety so some things are difficult for me
- I have worked in more than one daycare and I love the one that I am in right now
- I love Harry Potter and have read every book at least 10 times each
- I hate shopping
- I love being able to paint, draw and colour
- I love driving and prefer to drive than be a passenger
- I am really close to my mom and spend time with her as much as possible
- I want to travel to England and have wanted to until I was a child
- Even though I live in Canada I hate snow
- I watch very random things
- I don’t like country music
- I don’t like confrontation but I am the first one to call something out if it is getting done wrong
- I am not a fan of carbonated beverages, in fact I would rather drink water than something else
- I find it really hard to talk about myself
Recently I’ve been talking to someone who has gotten me thinking about different things. It has given me a fresh perspective on a lot. Mainly the little things that we take for granted based on where we have grown up or the life we have lived. Things that we don’t stop to think about that are part of our regular life. Now I understand that everyone has a different life and everyone goes through different things and has different things and experiences so that isn’t a surprise to me. No what has given me a new perspective is the things that I don’t think about but are always there.
For starters I live fairly close to Niagara Falls and therefore have grown up being able to see the Falls whenever I wanted regardless of anything else going on. It has gotten to the point that for me it is just some water falling over a cliff and yet thousands of people flock to Niagara Falls to experience everything it has to offer. I do appreciate the Falls and the science behind it all. However this is still just so water for me. I believe this is due to the fact that I am able to drive past the Falls whenever I want. In fact I work in Niagara Falls. However recently I have been talking to someone who is new to the area and thus the Falls is something that they have never seen before. It is this spectacular sight which they are able to fully appreciate. Hearing the way they describe this has made me think about the Falls in a new way. I understand the appeal of this location more than I have ever before.
The same thing has happened with snow. I have grown up getting snow every year. When I was a child it was awesome when snow came and I would eagerly wait for the okay to go outside and play. Now as an adult things are different and I actually really dislike the snow. In fact I dread the winter because I know that snow comes with it. However this person that I am talking to has never seen snow before this week. We are getting a lot of snow right now and so for someone experiencing snow for the first time it is a great first snow. I received a text about this experience and my eyes were opened. It was as if they were a child experience snow for the first time and it was a genuine reaction to it. There was nothing standing in the way of the snow being appreciated fully for what it was, snow. There was no previous thoughts or biases to go off of for them. The snow was simple just something new for them and I tried to look at snow through their eyes.
It is both of these things that has made me stop and think about the little things. These are things that are a part of my every day life. Things I haven’t taken a moment to stop and think about. I probably would never have stopped to think about it if I hadn’t been talking to this person I’m talking to. Sometimes it takes a fresh perspective to be able to appreciate things for what they are. I have come to realize the true beauty in both the Falls and the snow. Perhaps I will be able to carry this with me and look at other things a different way.
You hear about everyone having different experiences all the time. Have you ever stopped to think about just your own experience? Taken the time to appreciate those little things that have always been there? Next time you get a chance take a step back and find those things in life that have always been there but never been on your mind. You might start to see things in a different way than you currently do.